S. Christa McAuliffe Elementary School
Principal: Mr. Jason DiCarlo
Assistant Principal: Nan Murphy
Social Worker : Kristin Moulton
Clerk: Linda Thompson
Address: 570 Beacon St., Lowell, MA 01850
Early Bell: 9:10
Tardy Bell: 9:25AM
Dismissal Bell: 3:30PM
Theme: "Reach for the Stars"
The S. Christa McAuliffe Elementary School has a caring and experienced staff that prides itself in nurturing the potential in each student. We also have a breathtaking view over the City of Lowell.
Number of Students: 450
Number of Classrooms: 22
Year Built: 1993
Full Day Kindergarten
Pre-Kindergarten Hours: Pre K: Half day, Tuesday - Friday
Morning Session: 9:25-12:05
Afternoon Session: 12:50 - 3:30 PM
- Caring School Community
- Daily Book Swap for Students
- Visual & Auditory Impairments Program
- 21st Century and CTI Extended Day Program
- Reading is Fundamental (RIF) Book Distribution
- Responsive Classroom
- Volunteers as Tutors
- Universal Breakfast
- All School Meetings
- Grade 3 & 4 Chorus and Recorder Karate
- Volunteers are encouraged and greatly appreciated! Volunteers help with many projects including reading with students,helping teachers, photocopying, field trips, and special events. Join us and share your energy, enthusiasm and creativity!
- The McAuliffe School Family Association (our PTO) meets Tuesday evenings, once a month and is a wonderful support to the school through their fundraising and volunteer efforts. New members are always welcome.
- Our newsletter, The McAuliffe Shuttle and a school calendar are published throughout the year to keep parents informed.
- Many activities and events are held for parents and families. These include activities such as Read Alouds, Frog and Toad Night, workshops and parenting sessions, curriculum and technology nights, Volunteer Appreciation Day and the Valentine's Day Ice Cream Social sponsored by the McAuliffe School Family Association.